Chuck Foreman – Teaching / Missions Pastor
Ultimately, following Jesus, being his disciple, is about learning to live like he lived, love like he loved and do what he did.
“Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.” (1 John 2:6)
What did Jesus say? What did Jesus do? How did he do it? This is our quest—to be Like Jesus.
GOD’s Story– The Four Challenges of Jesus, Matthew 4:18-20; John 15:1-17
Andrew & Peter, 1st Meeting: John 1:35-42
Andrew & Peter, The Calling: Matthew 4:18-20
- COME—The Invitation
- John 3:16—whoever believes
- John 10:10—an abundant life
- Acts 5:20—a new way of living
- FOLLOW ME—We all need to be discipled/trained
- Luke 6:39-40
- If we are not being discipled to be LIKE JESUS, we are like the blind leading the blind!
- Jesus is our teacher. We want to learn from him so that we can be LIKE HIM.
- I WILL MAKE YOU THOSE WHO FISH FOR PEOPLE—Disciples who make disciples.
- Matthew 28:19-20 Make disciples of the “nations” –all those people who are not like you and who you do not like!
- Not just converts, but disciples-followers! Disciple-making often begins long before baptism and continues long after. Disciple-making is about teaching people to obey Jesus. It’s walking with people thru life. And guess who’s walking with us as we do?
Jesus said, “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- It’s Jesus who makes us disciple-makers! We come to him, follow him—he does the rest.
- BEAR FRUIT—Stay connected to Jesus so you can be a productive, fruit bearing branch, and— love each other!
- John 15:1-17
The Way Jesus Made Disciples:
- He was deeply committed to building relationships (John 3:22 spent time with)
- He invested in a few
- He prayed often
- He loved sinners profoundly
- He reached the lost, encouraged believers, equipped workers
At FCC, we want to learn to make disciples Like Jesus.
BIG IDEA: Jesus has called us! If we come and follow him, he will make us fruit bearing disciples who make disciples.